Corners, bookings, rugby league

Any ideas to improve the software

Corners, bookings, rugby league

Postby rickstore » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:40 pm

Hello Alex

Have you ever considered including corner or bookings totals? also i think rugby league would be a good sport to be included. keep up the good work whatever you are working on next!
rickstore

Re: Corners, bookings, rugby league

Postby push.button.bang » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:14 pm

agree re rugby league.

austrtalian nrl and english super league.

maybe even super15 rugby union.
push.button.bang

Postby TerryChadban » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:04 pm

push.button.bang wrote:agree re rugby league.

austrtalian nrl and english super league.

maybe even super15 rugby union.

This is an old thread, but Rugby League STILL hasn't been added to the program, even though the results are available on the results website (Scoreway?). I have used OWMiner to install the NRL and State of Origin matches, but still think that they should be included as standard in the program. After all, it is now covering tennis, as well as minor womens league soccer and hockey, and Rugby League would have to be more popular than those sports.

Terry
TerryChadban

Postby Alex » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:22 am

Hi Terry. Would it be possible to send me your Rugby League file for testing before we place it in the
list of automatic updates.
Alex
Site Admin

Postby TerryChadban » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:22 am

Alex wrote:Hi Terry. Would it be possible to send me your Rugby League file for testing before we place it in the
list of automatic updates.

Hi Alex,
I couldn't attach either the .lea file, or an exported .csv file here, so I have sent you a private message. Hope that helps.

Terry
TerryChadban

Postby Alex » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:10 pm

Thanks, I have got the file. Now reviewing it for further publishing.
Alex
Site Admin

Postby TerryChadban » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:37 am

Alex wrote:Thanks, I have got the file. Now reviewing it for further publishing.

Hi Alex,
Scoresway has the NRL listed under Rugby >> Australia >> National Rugby League so maybe I should have named the .lea file as NationalRugbyLeague instead of NRL?

I am not sure if there would be as much demand for the State of Origin games, but I know that they are broadcast live to most of the world, and they are just about the best games of rugby league in the world, so maybe they might be worthwhile adding too, as they are available on the site. I can send you my StateOfOrigin file if you like.

I noticed that Scoresway has got half-time scores available on the site, would it be possible to include those as well? That would be a great help, because some teams seem to play better in different halves of the game. Finally, the default settings seem to throw up way too many draws compared to real life. Because of the scoring rules used in the NRL now it is very rare for a game to finally end in a draw. If both teams are drawn at the end of official full-time, they play extra time, and the first team to score any points, whether it be from a try, field goal or penalty goal, wins the match. So most close games are usually won by a field goal, or one point. Maybe that could be incorporated into the rating algorythms?

Terry
TerryChadban

Postby push.button.bang » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:29 pm

Hi guys, has there been any updates on adding RUGBY LEAGUE to the program?
cheers
push.button.bang

Postby TerryChadban » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:19 pm

push.button.bang wrote:Hi guys, has there been any updates on adding RUGBY LEAGUE to the program?
cheers

Nah, still waiting! Meanwhile another NRL season has nearly finished! :-(
TerryChadban

Postby TerryChadban » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:22 pm

For all the rugby league fans out there, while the sport is still not directly covered in the daily updates, you can manually set up the leagues and use the inbuilt 'Data Retriever' tool to import them, works fine for me, I have NRL, SoO, NSWRL, QRL and U20s all in Odds Wizard. For me, the 2006 algorythmn works best for rugby league results.

Terry
TerryChadban

Postby TerryChadban » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:29 am

scream2012 wrote:Hello Terry
You use 2006 algorythmn, but what number of days you put on DP "Depreciation period"?

I left depreciation at 900, Trend Comparison at 10, and just changed the Tolerance to 4 days because they play some games on Thursday nights. Try that and see how you go.

Terry
TerryChadban

Return to Suggestions