OW on multiple computers

Questions concerning registration and activation

OW on multiple computers

Postby push.button.bang » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:32 am

Alex

how do i use my subscription on more than one computer?

for example my laptop is currently broken and i need to use my desktop for OW

or

i travel and take use my laptop and not use my desktop?

regards
PBB
push.button.bang

Re: OW on multiple computers

Postby Alex » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:30 am

There is a trick to make OW working on any computer without having to purchase additional licenses or to switch the keys:
install it on a flash disk. You just need to run the program exactly from USB flash drive, and not from the hard drive. Also an ID
code should be generated by running OW directly from that drive. Make sure to uninstall every copy of OW from the hard drive
so that it could operate on a flash drive in a full mode.
Alex
Site Admin

Postby rooshdee1280 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:53 am

Hi Alex. Concerning this matter, can you please explain how to proceed with this trick? I mean how to run OW from a pendrive?Please help.Cheers.
rooshdee1280

Postby Alex » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:08 pm

For a mobile installation on USB flash disk, specify directory e.g. X:\Oddswiz, where X - USB flash drive letter when prompted to enter installation directory during installation process. The generate ID code.
Alex
Site Admin

Postby the_Punter » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:21 am

Alex wrote:There is a trick to make OW working on any computer without having to purchase additional licenses or to switch the keys:
install it on a flash disk. You just need to run the program exactly from USB flash drive, and not from the hard drive. Also an ID
code should be generated by running OW directly from that drive. Make sure to uninstall every copy of OW from the hard drive

Dear Alex,
This would work perfect for me, would I be allowed to uninstall the software from my laptop, then follow the procedure above using my flash drive? I appreciate your quick response.

Dennis
the_Punter

Postby Alex » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:27 am

No problem. Just generate an ID code after installation on a flash disk. Make sure to specify installation directory e.g. H:\Oddswiz
during installation where H: is a letter of a flash drive.
Alex
Site Admin

Postby TerryChadban » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:36 pm

Alex wrote:There is a trick to make OW working on any computer without having to purchase additional licenses or to switch the keys:

Hey Alex,
What is needed to run the software on two computers (desktop and my laptop for travelling) without un-installing my current program and re-installing on a flash drive? Do I need to purchase another lifetime subscription, or is there another way? TIA.

Terry
TerryChadban

Postby Alex » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:39 am

You don't have to purchase another license. But what's the problem? Odds Wizard on a flash drive will be suitable for any computer including that one where OW used to be installed earlier on a hard drive. Just reinstall OW as instructed in the above posts. It is a matter of few seconds.
Alex
Site Admin

Postby TerryChadban » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:15 pm

Alex wrote:You don't have to purchase another license. But what's the problem? Odds Wizard on a flash drive will be suitable for any computer including that one where OW used to be installed earlier on a hard drive. Just reinstall OW as instructed in the above posts. It is a matter of few seconds.

No, there is no problem with that solution, just curious what the alternative was. I already have a big database on one computer, and have already installed the program recently on the second, but it is running in demo mode ATM. Just wondering if there was a way to register the second copy other than uninstalling both, then reinstalling the program on a flash drive -- the key from the first program isn't working on the second computer. But I guess the flash drive solution will do the job.

Terry
TerryChadban

Return to Registration