OW Data Miner version 1.7

about new versions and builds, etc.

OW Data Miner version 1.7

Postby Alex » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:12 am

New version 1.7 of a standalone tool OW Data Miner is available at

http://www.newhavensoft.net/OWMiner17.zip

OW Data Miner v1.7 implements simple interface between the web site http://www.scoresway.com and Odds Wizard. It can be used to create and maintain over 500 national and international soccer, hockey, basketball, American football, baseball, handball, rugby, cricket, and volleyball leagues that are currently missing in the list of Odds Wizard's regular updates.

Installation:

1. Download and save OWMiner17.zip (278,617 bytes) to disk.
2. Unpack the contents (2 files) to any folder.
3. Run OWMiner.exe.

New features as compared to the version 1.6:

1. Support of the new format of scoresway.com files.
2. Support of cricket, rugby, American football and baseball leagues in addition to basketball, volleyball, handball, soccer and ice hockey.
3. Women's sports are not separated as earlier.
4. Rename checkbox allows to adjust teams' names in the target league file according to the text file Rename.txt. File Rename.txt must reside in the same directory where league file is intended to be saved in. File must contain string pairs in the form OWDataMinerTeamName=LeaTeamName, where LeaTeamName is desired new team name that is to be appeared in the saved league (LEA) file, and OWDataMinerTeamName is existing team name that is visible in OW Data Miner.
Alex
Site Admin

Re: OW Data Miner version 1.7

Postby edo » Mon May 14, 2012 10:20 pm

hello,

the rename feature seems to be challenging me, as i cant get the desired result....i have read instructions in the manual and this post about it; but cant get the renaming to take effect, can someone provide me with a simple order on how it needs to be done.

im using the data miner version 1.8.0.198

to be more precise, im trying to add the euro 2012 group stage fixtures to the EuroChamp file, but there is a discrepancy on ireland; the existing file has it as ireland, but the upcoming fixtures from the data miner reads ireland republic.
edo

Postby Alex » Tue May 15, 2012 1:30 am

You must create text file Rename.txt with a single line:
Ireland Republic=Ireland

Make sure that this file resides in your Odds Wizard directory which is C:\Program Files\Oddswiz by default.
Alex
Site Admin

Postby edo » Tue May 15, 2012 12:00 pm

hello Alex;

i do understand that, but the problem in my case is how do i create the rename.txt file; when i go to teams\rename many teams a box appears that says: "enter rename file" with the rename.txt in it; what should i do there ? at what part of the process do i write Ireland Republic=Ireland....i feel that im not getting the steps in order. i know this should be simple, i suppose that is challenging me.

as a separate matter, i had another question; in regards of the performance analysis; the optimum ratio should be the highest possible success rate % /lowest possible entropy ? correct ?
edo

Postby edo » Thu May 17, 2012 9:41 am

i noticed that the file for EuroChamp was updated, that's very nice, but if at some point you could take the time to mention the steps to make the rename of teams on a file, i would highly appreciate it; since it's important for me to know how to do this; basically the part that im not properly proceeding is when i select "teams\rename many teams" and this box appears; what am i suppose to type there ?, is that before or after i have loaded all results/fixtures in the data miner ?

also; in regards of the performance analysis; the optimum ratio should be the highest possible success rate % /lowest possible entropy ? correct ?

thank you.
edo

Postby Alex » Sun May 20, 2012 5:23 pm

but the problem in my case is how do i create the rename.txt file

You may use standard Windows program Notebook which can be found in Start -> Programs -> Standard -> Notebook.
You may create a single file Rename.txt for multiple league files residing in the branch directories starting from directory of Rename.txt. It is convenient for several leagues in one country, i.e. you create Rename.txt for each country in a separate directories named accordingly. Each directory contains subdirectories for the leagues e.g. Scotland1, Scotland2, etc.

when i go to teams\rename many teams a box appears that says: "enter rename file" with the rename.txt in it

If your file is Rename.txt then do nothing. Otherwise enter correct filename.

the optimum ratio should be the highest possible success rate % /lowest possible entropy ? correct ?

Yes.
Alex
Site Admin

Postby edo » Thu May 31, 2012 6:17 pm

thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions; sorry for the delayed reply; i was away.

regards;

edo.
edo

Return to Announcements